All Key Stage 1 (Reception, Year 1 and Year 2) Primary School children in the UK are entitled to a free school meal at lunch time. This is called ‘Universal Infant Free School Meals’.
Here at St. Barnabas we are commited to providing our children with a healthy balanced diet. We have a standard menu of Meats, Vegetables and Jacket Potatoes and include Vegetarian Options too. All food is prepared in a nut free environment so that we can accomodate children with nut allergies. We also cater for children requiring a Gluten free and Lactose Intolerant diet.
Old favourites like Fish and Chips, Pizza and Roast Dinners will still be available on a rotating basis.
Parents must sign up monthly, either for a hot school meal or a packed lunch from home.
The cost of a school provided meal is: £2.30 per day (meals are paid for in advance via Parentmail)
Free School Meals
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be £7,400 or less a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)