All Key Stage 1 (Reception, Year 1 and Year 2) Primary School children in the UK are entitled to a free school meal at lunch time. This is called ‘Universal Infant Free School Meals’.
Here at St. Barnabas we are commited to providing our children with a healthy balanced diet. We have a standard menu of Meats, Vegetables and Jacket Potatoes and include Vegetarian Options too. All food is prepared in a nut free environment so that we can accomodate children with nut allergies. We also cater for children requiring a Gluten free and Lactose Intolerant diet.
Old favourites like Fish and Chips, Pizza and Roast Dinners will still be available on a rotating basis.
Parents must sign up monthly, either for a hot school meal or a packed lunch from home.
The cost of a school provided meal is: £2.50 per day (from April 2023), meals are paid for in advance via Parentmail.
Free School Meals
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be £7,400 or less a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)