Thrive at St Barnabas
As part of our caring role at St Barnabas CE Primary we support children’s emotional and social learning throughout their time at school. We do this during class lessons break times, sport and extra-curricular activities. Here at St Barnabas CE Primary we embrace the Thrive approach.
Meet the Thrive Team
Mrs Witcomb (Thrive Lead)
What is the Thrive approach?
The Thrive approach is a specific way of working with all children that helps their social and emotional well-being, enabling them to engage with life and learning. It supports them in becoming more self-assured, capable and adaptable. It can also address any troubling behaviors providing foundation for academic attainment.
Positive relationships are at the heart of Thrive. We use these relationships, together with play and creative activities, to give children key experiences at each different stage of their development.
Repetition of these activities supports their development helping them to:
- Feel good about themselves and know that they matter
- Increase their sense of security and trust
- Increase their emotional well-being
- Improve their capacity to be creative and curious
- Increase their self-esteem and confidence to learn
- Learn to recognise and regulate feelings
- Learn to think before they behave in a certain way
– and much more.